You know those crazy unasked questions that occur to us on a daily basis, but that we dismiss because they’re so irrelevant? We never ask – in the whole scheme of things, these questions really aren’t that important. But for some reason, there comes a day when it occurs to us we’ve wondered about these little questions for years. Suddenly, the whole scheme of things is well…irrelevant – at least for as long as we’re thinking about it. So…now I’m asking. I’m asking, completely aware that I won’t likely find the answers, but that’s OK too. (This is what happens when you’ve hit your deadlines and can’t find anything on TV).
- Ever watch TV shows like Dateline, 20/20, Primetime? If you do, then you know each episode has a lot of time spent with the camera slowly fading away from a police detective pulling a book from the shelf or busy on his computer. How does the producer say, “OK – just act natural. We’re going to film you flipping through a binder”? And then, how do these people allow this to happen without laughing? If someone said that to me, I know it’d take two seconds and then I wouldn’t be able to stop myself. They’d have wasted their time by telling me they were going to do it.
- Why does Entertainment Tonight have stories about “super models and their secret cosmetic surgeries” when the two women on that show are beginning to look distorted from their own visits to the surgeon? Mary Hart and Nancy O’Dell don’t even look like themselves and they’re busy getting the secrets on super models only to scandalize them?
- Why do the same people continue to appear on Nancy Grace’s live CNN program when they know she’s going to annihilate them? She’s going to interrupt, disagree, ridicule and not allow another to make a point without ripping into them.
- If Fox was so concerned about Steven Tyler’s comment on American Idol, to the point they put up an “apology” (did anyone ever decide if that was real or a joke?), then why not edit it out before it ever even aired? The network’s had weeks (if not months) to prepare all the footage we’ve seen so far this season.
- How does just a small teaspoon of vanilla extract change the flavor of a cake?
I know, I know – there are real problems and none of these even remotely come close. Still, though, aren’t you curious at all?